Military veterans were among the people most affected by this month's shutdown of ITT Technical Institutes. More than six-thousand former service members were enrolled at the for-profit college chain.
What does it mean to be a veteran in the 21st century? For the more than two million former service members who've returned from Afghanistan and Iraq, it can be challenging to transition back into civilian life.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
- Vets Hold Pasadena Vigil To Raise Suicide Awareness
- Clinton, Trump fail to impress LA vets in forum
- Navy talks disaster planning with local officials during L.A.'s first Fleet Week
- Movie Brings New Perspective to Key Korean War Battle
- Sophocles' Ajax is resurrected as a female soldier in Hollywood play
- LA VA Wait Times Lag National Average
- More patients at VA Puget Sound spurs construction and new initiatives
- Pentagon ends ban on transgender troops